The Law and Philosophy Program is a unique collaboration between the UCLA School of Law and the UCLA Philosophy Department. The program has several components:
- JD students at the UCLA School of Law may pursue a specialization in Law and Philosophy.
- Graduate students in the UCLA Philosophy Department may also specialize in Law and Philosophy.
- Two Postdoctoral Fellowships are offered on a regular basis.
- For especially committed students who hope to dedicate their careers to research and teaching in law and philosophy, a joint J.D./Ph.D. degree is offered.
- The Legal Theory Workshop series, which is offered regularly throughout the year, brings prominent speakers from other universities. Students are encouraged to attend.
- The Herbert Morris Lecture in Law and Philosophy, in honor of UCLA's Professor Herbert Morris, an eminent emeritus member of both the law school and the philosophy department, is held every other year.
- Law and Philosophy Reading Room Collection
- Law and Philosophy Faculty
- To inquire about making a gift to the Program, please contact Director of Development, Chia Yen, UCLA School of Law, at email@example.com or (310) 794-4188.
- Contact Information
Law and Philosophy News:
Information Session on Law and Philosophy Specialization to be held for UCLA School of Law Students
The Law and Philosophy Program at UCLA offers law students in their second and third years the opportunity to earn a Law and Philosophy specialization and a special notation on their transcript. We are the only law school in the country to offer students this opportunity. Join Professor Mark Greenberg for lunch and a discussion of this exciting program on Wednesday, April 24 from 12:15 pm to 1:15 pm in Room 1420 . . . more
UCLA Law and Philosophy Graduate Conference - Saturday, April 13, 2013
The Second Annual UCLA Law and Philosophy Graduate Conference will be held on Saturday, April 13. Five speakers from a range of law and philosophy backgrounds will be presenting papers, and Matt King, UCLA Law and Philosophy Postdoctoral Scholar, will be delivering the keynote address . . . more
In Memoriam: Professor Ronald Dworkin
The Law and Philosophy Program is deeply saddened by the death of Ronald Dworkin, who was a regular distinguished visitor in the program in recent years.