The 2020 issue of our UCLA Law Magazine is now available – and this year, amid physical distancing, economic strain and other effects of the pandemic, we present it for the first time in an online-only format. Visit the magazine’s dedicated website to read how, even in these most challenging and unprecedented times, people from across the UCLA Law community stood up and stood out, heightening the school’s twin aims of service and excellence like never before.
- Marking the 20th anniversary of our Critical Race Studies program, seven of our CRS faculty members present insightful reflections on the current moment, including essays on police accountability, education, cultural appropriation and immigration.
- Read how our A. Barry Cappello Program in Trial Advocacy has, in a mere three years, come to host the No. 1-ranked trial team in the country and be a place that attracts the most promising aspiring courtroom attorneys anywhere.
- Get to meet our outstanding new faculty members, who work on the cutting edge of legal scholarship and bring to UCLA Law innovative research exploring technology, business law, higher education, taxation and more.
- Learn how visionary gifts from alumni and friends have boosted our Native Nations Law and Policy Center through several endowed scholarships, grown our incredible Black Law Students Association Scholarship, and created the Center for Immigration for Law and Policy and the Institute for Technology, Law and Policy.
- And find out how our community responded to the pandemic with inspiring positivity and flexibility from the moment of our rapid shift to remote learning in March. In a matter of months, our students and faculty members have built the go-to database on prisons and the pandemic for scholars and the media, served scores of union members in securing more than $1.4 million in unemployment benefits, helped free an at-risk immigrant detainee from a regional ICE facility, promoted voting rights as the election neared, and even had some fun in the virtual classroom.
Plus much more!