October 24, 2019 9:00 AM - 1:30 PM
ABOUT the SUMMIT:
Leaders from government, the creative community and the entertainment industry will gather for a Ziffren Center IN-DC event at the UCLA School of Law to engage in discussions and hear from stakeholders around challenges and opportunities that exist with regard to content protection.
9:00 – 9:30 AM - REGISTRATION
9:30 – 9:45 AM - WELCOME
• Tom Galvin, Executive Director, Digital Citizens Alliance
9:45 – 10:30 AM - FIRESIDE CHAT: FEDERAL PERSPECTIVES ON CONTENT PROTECTION
• Brian Benczkowski, Assistant Attorney General, Criminal Division, U.S. Department of Justice
• Moderator: Viet Dinh, Chief Legal and Policy Officer, Fox Corporation
10:30 – 11:15 AM PANEL I: CONTENT PROTECTION AND THE CREATIVE COMMUNITY
• Gale Anne Hurd, The Walking Dead; Fear of the Walking Dead; Terminator; Alien
• Chris Brancato, Godfather of Harlem; Narcos
• Nina Sadowsky, Program Director for NYU Los Angeles; Just Fall (novel); The Wedding Planner
• Moderator: Ruth Vitale, CEO, CreativeFuture
11:15 – 12:15 PM PANEL II: CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES FACING THE CONTENT INDUSTRY
• Rebecca Borden, Senior Vice President and Associate General Counsel, CBS
• Steve Kang, Vice President, Creative Content Protection, NBCUniversal
• Professor Douglas Lichtman, UCLA School of Law
• Betsy Zedek, Principal Counsel, Antipiracy, The Walt Disney Company
• Moderator: Karen Thorland, Senior Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, Global Content Protection, MPA
12:15 – 12:30 PM CLOSING REMARKS
• Jan van Voorn, Executive Vice President & Chief of Global Content Protection, MPA
12:30 – 1:30 PM LUNCH
A buffet lunch will be served outside on the UCLA School of Law plaza.
Space is limited. RSVPs are required to attend, but will not guarantee entry.
This is a private event for UCLA Law alumni, faculty, students, and invited guests only. For more information please email: email@example.com
Parking is available in Parking Structure 2 on Manning Drive (enter through the Pay Station parking entrance).