- B.A. University of Sussex
- LL.B. Cambridge University
- LL.M. Cambridge University
- Diploma in International Law, Hague Academy of International Law, The Netherlands
- Ph.D. European University Institute
J.H.H. Weiler is University Professor at NYU Law School and Senior Fellow at the Center for European Studies at Harvard. He served previously as President of the European University Institute, Florence. Prof. Weiler is Co-Editor-in-Chief of the European Journal of International Law (EJIL) and the International Journal of Constitutional Law (ICON).