Leading industry insiders convened at the 2019 UCLA Entertainment Symposium, a signature event of UCLA Law, ranked as the top entertainment law school for six consecutive years.
UCLA School of Law has been named the No. 1 entertainment law school in America for a sixth straight year by The Hollywood Reporter.
In total, 20 alumni of UCLA Law appeared on The Hollywood Reporter’s 2019 lists of Power Lawyers and legends in entertainment law.
Five alumni ranked as legal legends: John Branca ’75, Melanie Cook ’78 and Kenneth Ziffren ’65 of Ziffren Brittenham; Kenneth Kleinberg ’67 of Kleinberg Lange Cuddy & Carlo; and Schuyler Moore ’81 of Greenberg Glusker Fields Claman & Machtinger.
Fifteen alumni appeared on the Power Lawyers list:
- Skip Brittenham ’70 of Ziffren Brittenham
- Alan J. Epstein ’87 of Venable
- Matthew Erramouspe ’96 of O’Melveny & Myers
- Sam Fischer ’82 of Ziffren Brittenham
- Chad Fitzgerald ’01 of Kinsella Weitzman Iser Kump & Aldisert
- Jeffrey Frankel ’91 of McKuin Frankel Whitehead
- Michael Gendler ’80 of Gendler & Kelly
- Lev Ginsburg ’02 of Ginsburg Daniels
- Carlos Goodman ’88 of Bloom Hergott Diemer Rosenthal LaViolette Feldman Schenkman & Goodman
- Dale Kinsella ’74 of Kinsella Weitzman Iser Kump & Aldisert
- Marcy Morris ’81 of Jackoway Austen Tyerman Wertheimer Mandelbaum Morris Bernstein Trattner & Klein
- Robert Offer ’92 of Sloane, Offer, Weber & Dern
- Louis Petrich ’65 of Leopold, Petrich & Smith
- Gretchen Rush ’97 of Hansen, Jacobson, Teller, Hoberman, Newman, Warren, Richman, Rush, Kaller & Gellman
- Jason Sloane ’88 of Sloane, Offer, Weber & Dern
Several of the lawyers on the list are actively affiliated with UCLA Law and its Ziffren Center for Media, Entertainment, Technology and Sports Law.
The Ziffren Center’s advisory board includes Ken Ziffren, a lecturer in media law and the founder of the Ziffren Center, as well as John Branca, Melanie Cook, Alan J. Epstein, Matthew Erramouspe, Carlos Goodman, Dale Kinsella, Robert Offer, Louis Petrich and Jason Sloane.
Kenneth Kleinberg and Ken Ziffren are on the advisory committee of the UCLA Entertainment Symposium, a leading entertainment law summit that just completed its 43rd year.