What is a Master of Legal Studies?
This online, hybrid and on-campus program provides graduate‐level legal education for non‐lawyers whose professional success will be aided by obtaining a working knowledge of the law. Earn a master's degree that is ideal for non-lawyers in any field – from the private, nonprofit or government sectors – who need to understand complex legal matters and navigate laws, regulations, disputes, or attorneys.
Why earn a Master of Legal Studies?
With online, hybrid and on-campus, this program is suitably designed for both working professionals and full-time students who are looking to learn the language of the law, challenge themselves, and create new career opportunities.
Read why these students chose to attend our program at the #1 Public University in America and the #1 law school in Southern California:
Law is a part of every single profession. Knowing the law and knowing how to think like a lawyer puts you well ahead in any position.
Victoria Hong (MLS '24)
Director of Corporate Communications
Delaware North Companies
This program can help you expand your comfort of the law. It challenges you to use your brain in different ways and it's helping me expand my work and my own business.
Aaliyah Williams (MLS '23)
Just a Rebel, Inc.
The skills I have learned even after just one semester have directly made an impact on how I approach my work.
Daniel LaFeir (MLS '23)
Lead Consultant Developer
In any business, you want to pick up the skillset of thinking like a lawyer; how lawyers argue and the techniques they use. You already start to pick that up when you go through the classes and can apply that to your current role and to a wide range of topics.
Patrick Ip (MLS '23)
Chief Executive Officer
Solar Plus Investments
- Flexibility for the working professional with online and hybrid options
- Complete in nine months full-time or 2-4 years part-time
- 8 specializations to tailor the program to your career interests
- Acquire the legal knowledge and skills to enhance and accelerate your career
- Earn a legal degree from the nation's most applied to university that is ranked both as the #1 public university & Southern California's #1 ranked law school
- Engage in our vibrant community and join UCLA's extensive alumni network
- Network with like-minded individuals within and across industries in Southern California and beyond with the vast UCLA network
- Learn from world-renowned faculty who are leading experts in their fields of law
- Scholarships and financial aid available