Applicants must submit the following:
- An application for visiting student status found at LSAC.
- An essay that discusses background, goals and the reason(s) for requesting visiting.
- Current résumé.
- Official transcripts of law school grades sent directly to LSAC or to UCLA School of Law.
- Two letters of recommendation (no more than two) submitted through the LSAC Letter of Recommendation Service or e-mailed/mailed directly to the Law School are required. One letter must be from a law school faculty member familiar with the applicant's academic performance.
- LSAC Law school report (including LSAT score and undergraduate transcripts) sent directly from the Law School Admission Council.
- Letter of good standing sent directly from the current law school's dean of students or registrar to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes permission to register as a visiting student.
- Nonrefundable application fee in the amount of $75. You may submit your application and pay the fee electronically via LSAC.
Applicants with GRE Scores:
- An applicant who has taken both the LSAT and the GRE is required to submit all LSAT test scores from the last five years but may choose whether or not to submit their GRE score(s). However, if the applicant elects to submit a GRE score in addition to the LSAT, the applicant must submit all GRE scores from the last five years.
- An applicant who only takes the GRE and not the LSAT must also submit all GRE scores from the last five years.
- GRE scores should be submitted directly to UCLA Law by the Educational Testing Service ("ETS"—the organization that administers the GRE) using UCLA Law's ETS school code 4837 and the department and major field code 5201.
- Applicants applying only with a GRE score are still required to subscribe to and utilize the LSAC Credential Assembly Service, even if transcripts and letters of recommendation are submitted directly to UCLA Law as referenced above.
Decisions are made on a rolling basis, but applicants for the full year and for fall semester only will be notified by the end of July 2022 and applicants for spring semester only will be notified by the end of December 2022.
UCLA School of Law
Law Admissions Office
71 Dodd Hall Box 951445
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1445