Join us as ITLP kicks off the Fall Semester.
Professor of Law Emerita
- B.A. Radcliffe College, 1965
- J.D. UC Berkeley Law School, 1968
- UCLA Faculty Since 1972
Alison Grey Anderson is a professor of law emerita.
Professor Anderson is an outstanding teacher who has received the University's Distinguished Teaching Award and the Eby Award for the Art of Teaching (1988), as well as the School of Law's Rutter Award for Excellence in Teaching (1995-96). She has devoted much of her career to curricular reform and the improvement of law teaching. In 2000-01 she was selected as a Carnegie Scholar by the Carnegie Academy for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, and Professor Anderson has continued to share her expertise in teaching with others by leading teaching workshops.
Anderson was the first faculty coordinator of the David J. Epstein Program in Public Interest Law and Policy, and she served in that capacity for five years. In 2001 she received the Fredric P. Sutherland Public Interest Award which recognizes public service contributions by a faculty member.
As a student at UC Berkeley Law School (Boalt Hall), Professor Anderson was articles editor of the California Law Review. After law school, she clerked for Judge Simon Sobeloff, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, before entering private practice with Covington & Burling. Anderson joined the law school faculty in 1972, and she served as Associate Dean of the UCLA School of Law in 2003.
Articles And Chapters
- Contributor, in Encyclopedia of the American Constitution, (edited by Leonard W. Levy, Kenneth L. Karst et al., Macmillan, 1986).
- Lawyering in the Classroom: An Address to First Year Students (Transforming Legal Education: A Symposium of Provocative Thought), 10 Nova L. Rev. 271-88 (1986).
- The Meaning of Federalism: Interpreting the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, 70 Virginia Law Review 813-56 (1984). Symposium on Contemporary Problems in Securities Regulation.
- Fraud, Fiduciaries and Insider Trading, 10 Hofstra Law Review 341-77 (1982).
- Recent Developments in Rule 10b-5, 13 Annual Institute on Securities Regulation 225-44 (1982).
- Rule 10b-5: Recent Developments (transcript), 12 Annual Institute on Securities Regulation 369-86 (1981).
- Conflicts of Interest: Efficiency, Fairness and Corporate Structure, 25 UCLA Law Review 738-95 (1978).
- The Disclosure Process in Federal Securities Regulation: A Brief Review, Hastings Law Journal 311-54 (1974). Reprinted in Corporate Counsel’s Annual: 1975 173-218 (edited by Harold Friedman et al., Bender, 1975).