Professor of Law Emeritus
- B.S. UCLA, 1961
- J.D. UC Berkeley, 1964
- UCLA Faculty Since 1967
Michael Asimow is a visiting professor at Stanford Law School. While at UCLA, he received both the University's Distinguished Teaching Award and the School of Law's Rutter Award for Excellence in Teaching. In 1994, he received the Fredric P. Sutherland Award recognizing public service contributions by a faculty member.
Asimow is a past chair of the American Bar Association's Section on Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice. He is co-author of Reel Justice: The Courtroom Goes to the Movies (2006) (co-authored with Paul Bergman), a book about the great courtroom movies of the past and present, and Law and Popular Culture: A Course Book (2004) (with Shannon Mader). Asimow also co-authored a course book on administrative law, State and Federal Administrative Law (3rd ed., 2008) (with Ron Levin), as well as California Administrative Law (2002) (with Marsha Cohen). He has written numerous articles on state and federal administrative law as well as comparative administrative law (focusing on the European Union and South Africa). He has also published articles on lawyers, law firms, and legal ethics in the movies.
- Lawyers in Your Living Room! Law on Television (edited by Michael R. Asimow). ABA Press (2009).
- State and Federal Administrative Law (with Ronald M. Levin). 3rd ed. West Publishing (2009).
- Administrative Law of the European Union (with Lisl J. Dunlop). ABA Press (2008).
- Reel Justice: The Courtroom Goes to the Movies (with Paul B. Bergman). Andrews and McMeel (2006). Translated as Ying xiang zhong de zheng yi: cong dian ying gu shi kan mei guo fa lü wen hua (Haikou Shi: Hainan chu ban she, 2003). First edition: 1996.
- Law and Popular Culture: A Course Book (with Shannon Mader). Peter Lang Publishing Group (2004). Abstract
- A Guide to Federal Agency Adjudication (edited by Michael R. Asimow, et al.). American Bar Association (2003). Abstract
- California Administrative Law (with Marsha N. Cohen). West Publishing (2002). Abstract
- California Practice Guide: Family Law (edited by Michael R. Asimow, William P. Hogoboom and Donald B. King). Rutter Group (1995).
- California Practice Guide: Real Property Transactions (with Dennis L. Greenwald). Rutter Group (1995).
- Advice to the Public from Federal Administrative Agencies. Matthew Bender (1973).