This panel will examine efforts to address climate change at the national level through the lenses of environmental justice and human rights, looking especially at efforts to push for equity in climate policy.
Professor of Law
- B.A. University of Oxford, New College, 1999
- M. Phil. University of Oxford, Nuffield College, 2001
- D. Phil. University of Oxford, Nuffield College, 2004
- J.D. New York University School of Law, 2009
- UCLA Faculty Since 2013
Rebecca Stone is Professor of Law at UCLA School of Law. Her research and teaching interests include law and economics, legal philosophy, contracts, and torts. She is particularly interested in the intersections between law, philosophy, and economics. She holds a J.D. from NYU School of Law, a B.A. in Politics, Philosophy and Economics from Oxford University and an M.Phil. and a D.Phil. in Economics also from Oxford University. Following law school, she clerked for Judge Richard Posner on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and Justice Stephen Breyer on the U.S. Supreme Court. She also spent two years as a Furman Fellow at NYU School of Law. Prior to law school, she was a post-doctoral research fellow at the ESRC Center of Economic Learning and Social Evolution in the Department of Economics at University College London, and then an Assistant Professor in the Department of Economics at the University of Leicester.
Articles And Chapters
- The Circumstances of Civil Recourse, Law and Philosophy (forthcoming). Full Text
- Promises, Reliance, and Psychological Lock-In (with Alexander Stremitzer), 49 Journal of Legal Studies 33 (2020). Working Paper Version | [Appendix G: Screenshots – Lab] | [Appendix H: Screenshots – Vignette]
- Promises, Expectations, and Social Cooperation (with Dorothee Mischkowski and Alexander Stremitzer), 62 Journal of Law and Economics 687 (2019). Working Paper Version
- Law's Motivational Landscape, Jurisprudence (2017). (Short contribution to symposium on Frederick Schauer's "The Force of Law".) Full Text
- Legal Design for the "Good Man", 102 Virginia Law Review 1767 (2016). Full Text
- Economic Analysis of Contract Law from the Internal Point of View, 116 Columbia Law Review 2005 (2016). Full Text
- Desert and Inequity Aversion in Teams (with David Gill), 123 Journal of Public Economics 42 (2015). Full Text
- Rules and Rights (with Jonathan Quong), 1 Oxford Studies in Political Philosophy 222 (2015).
- Unconscionability, Exploitation, and Hypocrisy, 22 Journal of Political Philosophy 27 (2014). Full Text
- Anticipated Regret as an Explanation of Ambiguity Aversion (with Daniel Krahmer), 52 Economic Theory 709 (2013). Full Text
- Pricing Misperceptions: Explaining Pricing Structure in the Cell Phone Service Market (with Oren Bar-Gill), 9 Journal of Empirical Legal Studies 430 (2012). Full Text
- Fairness and Desert in Tournaments (with David Gill), 69 Games and Economic Behavior 346 (2010). Full Text
- Mobile Misperceptions (with Oren Bar-Gill), 23 Harvard Journal of Law & Technology 49 (2009). Full Text
- Norm-Based Enforcement of Promises (with Alexander Stremitzer), UCLA School of Law, Law-Econ Research Paper No. 19-04 (2019). Full Text